Thursday, January 1, 2009

Avgas is still way too expensive

I just don't get it. Yesterday I filled up my SUV and it wouldn't even hold twenty dollars worth of gas. Wow, $1.33 per gallon! Yet I looked out on AirNav.com and found a wide range of avgas fuel prices. Everything from $2.75 to $5.70, and those prices were at small airports! The larger airports were way over 6 bucks a gallon.



I am guessing that maybe the Avgas at these airports is high because they are re-cooping the money they spent on the fuel they already have at previous prices. It's hard to know what's going on.

Your thoughts or knowledge on this subject will be greatly appreciated not only by me, but other pilots out there who are bewildered as well. Feel free to comment below.

Smitty
FunPlacesToFly.com

Got Comments?

No comments: